Ashtanga Yoga classes
WE TEACH MYSORE STYLE IN KREUZBERG
Mysore style class is the traditional and safest way to learn Ashtanga yoga as it ensures that beginners are working at their own pace and receiving individual attention. You’re welcome to come anytime you want, you don’t have to show up at a certain time. Ashtanga Yoga Mysore style means the students come in anytime and do the sequence at their own pace and rhythm, everybody is focused on their own practice and are free to start and finish whenever they need.
The class duration depends on the student’s experience and because of its individualized instructions, are appropriate for those who are just starting and for those with plenty of experience. The first classes usually last between 30′ up to 45′, depending on the person.
At the moment, you can come for the morning or evening mysore style classes without pre-registration (please scroll down to read our hygienic rules). For complete beginners, we ask for one month of commitment to give it a try, tailor the practice to your personal conditions, and establish a relationship, that it’s the cornerstone of the Ashtanga Yoga method.
All levels, including complete beginners, are welcome.
Classes are held in German, English and Spanish. See prices >
From Monday to Thursday doors open at 5.30 am. On these days, it is possible to do self-practice from 11.00 until 12.30 and on Sundays, from 8.00 to 9.00 (no assisting teacher, only for students with an established practice).
There are two primary led classes on every Friday. This class is guided (traditional vinyasa count in Sanskrit) and starts punctually at 7.00 and 9.00 am. This is not a class for beginners. On this day, we have a pranayama class at 6.30, prior to the led class .
LED INTERMEDIATE: every second Sunday of the month at 8.00.
Requirement: practicing until Eka Pada Sirsasana. Next class 08.11, 8.00.
According to the tradition of Ashtanga Yoga, the days of new and full moon there is no practice, so those days the shala is closed. Synchronizing our practice with the phases of the moon enable us to reconnect with our own natural cycles.
● Wed 13
○ Thurs 28
● Thu 11
○ Sat 27
● Sat 13
○ Sun 28
● Mon 12
○ Tu 27
● Tu 11
○ Wed 26
● Thu 10
8 x month: 85 €
12 x month: 100 €
Unlimited/month: 120 €
drop-in: 18 € (only for those who know the sequence -not for beginners)
6-day week: 70 € (only for people visiting Berlin).
We do not teach on new/full moon days and public holidays.
Payment on-site is possible only in cash. For established students, bank transfers are possible to:
Recommendations & Hygienic Rules
- Report your physical condition, pregnancy or any existing injury. Please don’t come to the shala if you have any symptoms like flu or cold.
- Use the hand disinfectant, next to the entrance, when entering the shala.
- Take a shower before practice and keep your clothes, mats, and rugs clean and odor-free. Refrain from using oils, creams or fragrances to practice.
- Avoid eating 2 to 3 hours before practice.
- Bring comfortable, light clothes and a small towel for hands-on adjustments.
- Mats can not be provided in the shala, you must bring your own.
- You are free to say no to adjustments at any time and we will respect your wishes and will not ask you to explain your reasons.
- Women should abstain from practice the first two to three days of their period and avoid inverted poses on the remaining days of it.
- Be patient with yourself.
- The practice is done in silence. Enjoy it.
You can subscribe to our mailing list here: