Ashtanga Yoga classes
WE TEACH MYSORE STYLE IN KREUZBERG
Mysore style class is the traditional and safest way to learn Ashtanga yoga as it ensures that beginners are working at their own pace and receiving individual attention. Ashtanga Yoga Mysore style means the students come in anytime and do the sequence at their own pace and rhythm, everybody is focused on their own practice and are free to start and finish whenever they need.
The class duration depends on the student’s experience and because of its individualized instructions, are appropriate for those who are just starting and for those with plenty of experience. The first classes usually last between 30′ up to 45′, depending on the person.
At the moment, you can come for the morning or evening mysore style classes (no need to pre-register). For complete beginners, we ask for one month of commitment to give it a try, tailor the practice to your personal conditions, and establish a relationship, that it’s the cornerstone of the Ashtanga Yoga method.
All levels, including complete beginners, are welcome.
Classes are held in German, English and Spanish. See prices >
From Monday to Thursday mornings, doors open at 5.30 am and close at 12.30.
There is a primary led class every Friday. This class is guided (traditional vinyasa count in Sanskrit) and starts punctually at 8.00am. This is not a class for beginners, nor newcomers -we ask you to come first to a Mysore class-. Prior to this, we have at 7.00 pranayama & meditation.
8x month: 85 €
12x month: 100 €
Unlimited/month: 120 €
drop-in: 20 € (only for those who know the sequence -not for beginners. Please pay before you start your practice.)
6-day week: 80 € (only for people visiting Berlin).
Payment on-site is possible only in cash and bank transfers are possible for established students. Payments are up-front.
Recommendations & Hygienic Rules
- Report your physical condition, pregnancy or any existing injury.
- Take a shower before practice and keep your clothes, mats, and rugs clean and odor-free. Refrain from using oils, creams or fragrances to practice.
- Avoid eating 2 to 3 hours before practice.
- Bring comfortable, light clothes and a small towel for hands-on adjustments.
- You are free to say no to adjustments at any time and we will respect your wishes and will not ask you to explain your reasons.
- We recommend women pay attention to their cycle and its relationship to practice. It’s advisable to refrain from it during these days or at least avoid inverted poses.
- Be patient with yourself.
- The practice is done in silence. Enjoy it.
You can subscribe to our mailing list here. We try to deliver food for thought in your inbox once a month plus all news we don’t publish anywhere else. You can unsubscribe anytime.
According to the tradition of Ashtanga Yoga, the days of new and full moon there is no practice, so those days the shala is closed. Synchronizing our practice with the phases of the moon enable us to reconnect with our own natural cycles.
● Sat 7
○ Sat 21
● Sun 5
○ Mon 20
● Tue 7
○ Tue 21
● Thu 6
○ Thu 20
○ Fri 5
● Fri 19
○ Sun 4
● Sun 18
○ Mon 3
● Mon 17
○ Wed 16
● Thu 31
○ Fri 15
● Fri 29
○ Sat 14
● Sat 28
○ Mon 13
● Mon 27
○ Wed 13
● Wed 27